How does Sezzle work?
Does Sezzle hurt my credit score?
Sezzle will not have an impact on your credit — they do not perform hard credit checks. Instead, they perform "soft checks" by reviewing your credit score as part of their risk check.
Is Sezzle secure?
Your security is of utmost importance to us too! Sezzle undergos quarterly scans and yearly audits to ensure your data is safely stored in our systems – and to maintain compliance at the highest level in the Payment Card Industry (PCI): PCI Level 1.
Who can use Sezzle?
To use Sezzle, you must be 18 years or older and have a valid phone number based out of either the United States or Canada.
You will also need to have an email address as well as a payment method ready at checkout — we accept all major debit and credit cards, and you can also link a bank account directly. At this time, prepaid cards are not able to be used to place orders, but you can use them to pay off existing orders.
How do I sign up for Sezzle?
You can either sign up and get your account set up directly through the Sezzle website, or you can sign up as you check out at a merchant's site! Either option will walk you through the same signup process.
To get signed up, you will need to have a working phone number based out of the US or Canada, as well as a payment method (debit/credit card or bank account) to link to your account (click here). To get started shopping, check out our Store Directory here!
Why was my order not approved?
We try to offer all applicants a simple payment plan through Sezzle, but unfortunately, we’re not always able to approve every order. Our system assesses every order individually, taking into account your available funds, outstanding orders, and the total cost of the order you’re trying to place. If you’re not approved for any reason, we’ll notify you right away. Here are a few reasons you may have been denied:
- Insufficient funds. Typically, we check to make sure you have at least 25% of the total order cost available at the time you place an order.
- Too new to Sezzle. The longer you use Sezzle, the better your chances of getting approved. Usually, we’re less restrictive after the first six weeks.
- Outstanding balance(s). The amount you owe on previous orders and the number of open orders on your account both impact your chances of being approved by Sezzle.
Paying off your outstanding balances can improve your chances of getting approved.
- Order value. Reducing the total cost of your order, or splitting it into two or three smaller transactions, can improve your chances of getting approved.
- Payments linked to your account. Adding another debit or credit card to your Sezzle account helps us understand your repayment ability, which can help get you approved.
- Keep in mind: Just because you’re not approved today, doesn’t mean you won’t be tomorrow. Every order is unique — so keep using Sezzle!